Sabari India School Scholarships
As a community initiative, SIS is proud to announce the introduction of the Sabari Scholarship programme, which will grant 4 full scholarships for underprivileged children. Scholarship will only be awarded to students between KG 1 to Grade 2
The objective of the Scholarship programme is to provide access to a good quality education to students whose families are facing extreme financial hardship.
Scholarships awarded will not be limited to one academic year. Awarded scholarships will be reviewed annually on the criteria of the student’s performance, and any change to the family’s financial status.
Both existing and new students are free to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a scholarship a student and parent must:
- Complete the application form in full
- Submit a covering letter explaining the financial hardship the family is experiencing.
- Ensure the application form is submitted within the required timeframe.
- All applications will be screened and processed by the Scholarship Committee. Families that are shortlisted will be invited to attend a meeting with the Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements and do not make the shortlist will be informed.
- The Executive Principal along with the Scholarship Committee will decide the students who will be awarded the Scholarships.
- The Executive Principal will send the recommendations for scholarships to the Chairman of the Board of Governors for consideration.
- The Executive Principal and the Chairman of the Board of Governors decision is final and there in no process for appeal.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only fully completed applications accompanied by required supporting documents will be considered for the Sabari Indian School Scholarship Programme. Applications will not be considered if the required information and documents are not submitted.
- Deadline date for submission of applications is the 30th April 2019 and will be strictly adhered to.
- Scholarship will only be awarded to students between KG 1 to Grade 2.
- There are a limited number of Scholarships available and are awarded on merit. Sabari Indian School does not guarantee that a scholarship will be awarded. The School accepts no liability for expenses an applicant may incur when applying to the Scholarship Programme.
- Scholarships are subject to applicants meeting the entry criteria.
- Applications will be assessed according to the assessment criteria for the scholarship.
- Successful applicants will be issued an offer letter outlining Scholarship details.
- Applicants must respond to the offer letter within the stated timeframe in order to accept the offered scholarship. If the offer is declined by the applicant, or not accepted within the given time frame, Sabari Indian School may withdraw the offer of scholarship and offer to another candidate.
- The terms of the scholarship as stated in the offer letter are non-negotiable and non-transferable.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email as soon as possible. The school reserves the right not to give individualized feedback regarding any decision made by the Scholarship committee.
- Scholarships cannot be combined with any other discount or special offer.
- Scholarships awarded are eligible for a reduction on the annual tuition fees. The percentage and the academic year(s) are outlined in the Offer letter.
- If the student has outstanding school fees when the Scholarship is offered, said fees must be settled in full prior to the school accepting the student on the Scholarship Programme
CONTINUATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Continuation of the scholarship is subject to the student agreeing to: -
- keep an excellent attendance record.
- meet the school’s behavioral expectations.
- complete set work in the timeframe given.
- work towards continuous improvement and development in all subjects
- lead by example and act as a role model to their peer group.
- If the student fails to comply with the criteria as above or falls consistently below the expected levels required for the scholarship, Sabari Indian School will have the right to withdraw the scholarship at the end of the academic term.
MARKETING & PROMOTIONS
- Scholarship recipients agree to become ambassadors for Sabari Indian School, undertaking activities agreed as reasonable and acceptable by the scholarship recipient and Principal.
- Students and their parents will consent to give permission for Sabari Indian School to use the students name and photo images in any publication, advertising or marketing materials and social media channels associated with Sabari Indian School.
- Students may be required to represent Sabari Indian School in local, regional, national or International events. Photographs and videos of students at such event may be used for promotional purpose.
- Sabari Indian School reserves the right to make changes or amendments to the Terms and Conditions and agrees to give the student and parents 4 weeks written notice of intention.
- The Terms and Conditions of this policy shall come under jurisdiction of the laws of the United Arab Emirates.